Help provide NEW school supplies!
For many kids in Milwaukee, the new school year is an exciting time filled with anticipation of seeing friends and learning new things. But for the one in three students living in poverty, starting a new year of school can be filled with anxiety.
Thanks to generous friends, we have plenty of certain items—like binders, calculators, crayons, glue sticks and more—but we are still in need of the items below in order to properly equip each student for the new school year. Can you help?
**A couple things to note:**
- Items in bold are our most urgent needs. We need at least 500 of each to make sure every student is well-equipped for the classroom!
- If you place an order and it won’t arrive until after school starts, that’s totally fine! We do have need for continued supplies throughout the year — and, while Cross Trainers Academy starts school on 8/21, we have students staying in our Joy House shelter for women & children who will not start school until a bit later. So, the sooner, the better — but we’ll take school supplies and backpacks at any time of year. Thank you!
- We need more elementary backpacks than high school — but will gladly accept both! Character backpacks are fine for younger students; solid colors preferred for middle and high schoolers.
- Check out these options for ideas!
- Binders (1.5″)
- Colored Pencils (12-pack)
- Composition Notebooks
- Dry Erase Board Erasers
- Folders – 2 pocket, plastic, all colors (!)
- Kleenex boxes
- Markers – broad (10-pack)
- Markers – thin (10-pack)
- Notebooks – 1 subject, all colors (orange especially needed!)
- #2 Pencils
- Pencil pouches (no pencil boxes, please!)
- Pencil sharpeners (individual student)
- Pens – Red, Blue, Black
- Post-It Notes
- Scissors (adult)
- Scotch Tape
- Staplers and staples
Don't have time to shop?
Feel free to make a monetary donation towards school supplies by clicking here!
DONATION DROP-OFF INSTRUCTIONS
Donations of school supplies may be dropped off at our Central Campus Distribution Center (Kilbourn Avenue and 18th Street) anytime between 10am-6pm, Monday through Friday.
Donations may also be sent by mail, whether sent from your home or purchased and shipped from a store (like Target, Amazon, etc.). Please address mailed donations to:
Milwaukee Rescue Mission
Attn: Distribution Center
830 N 19th St
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Any contribution will be so appreciated.
Thank you for your kindness and for helping equip our students for success!
Cross Trainers Academy Mission Statement
Cross Trainers Academy exists to provide an academically rigorous, Christ-centered education to equip students from a wide variety of backgrounds to serve their communities and lead responsible, God-honoring lives. We do this by nurturing the whole child, empowering each student to build a strong foundation for the future.
Questions? Contact Cross Trainers Academy at 414.935.0500 for more information.