Want to help raise money to benefit the hungry and hurting of our community? Whether it’s a major fundraising event, a yard sale, or your kids selling lemonade on the corner, we are so grateful for your support! With your compassion and a little creativity, we can reach out together to help many disadvantaged neighbors.
Try one of these ideas, or come up with one on your own!
- Sell a Meal – Volunteers donate homemade meals to sell.
- It’s a Wrap – Coordinate with a store to offer gift-wrap services during the holidays.
- Bake Sale – Get baked goods donated to sell at a big event.
- Yard Sale – Tried and true, and it almost always reaps good dividends.
- Baby Shower – Host a baby shower and ask guests to bring a gift for moms and babies in Joy House.
- Sit-a-thon – Offer babysitting services for a designated evening or two.
- Change It – Start a competition between classes, families or individuals by giving them each a coin jar to collect change for a designated amount of time. The one with the most collected wins a prize.
- Skip a Meal – Sponsors commit to giving up a meal together and give the money saved to the Milwaukee Rescue Mission.
- Rent-a-Worker – Volunteers commit to working for an afternoon doing any odd jobs sponsors “hire” them to do.
- Cookbook – Group members offer their best family recipes for a cookbook that can be sold to raise funds for MRM.
- Give It Up – Sponsors commit to give up a regular activity (such as buying a coffee every day, going to the movies or eating out) for a month and donate the money they save to the designated cause.
- Eat for a Cause – Ask a local restaurant to donate a percentage of their profits on a designated night for MRM in exchange for encouraging supporters to eat there.
- Redeem Store Points – Consider redeeming the points you’ve accumulated through your favorite stores’ membership programs (e.g. Costco, Walgreens and Target), and purchase items from our list of current needs.
The above ideas were gleaned from SignUpGenius.com.