Want to help raise money to benefit the hungry and hurting of our community? Whether it’s a major fundraising event, a yard sale, or your kids selling lemonade on the corner, we are so grateful for your support! With your compassion and a little creativity, we can reach out together to help many disadvantaged neighbors.
Try one of these ideas, or come up with one on your own!
- Sell a Meal – Volunteers donate homemade meals to sell.
- It’s a Wrap – Coordinate with a store to offer gift-wrap services during the holidays.
- Bake Sale – Get baked goods donated to sell at a big event.
- Yard Sale – Tried and true, and it almost always reaps good dividends.
- Baby Shower – Host a baby shower and ask guests to bring a gift for moms and babies in Joy House.
- Sit-a-thon – Offer babysitting services for a designated evening or two.
- Change It – Start a competition between classes, families or individuals by giving them each a coin jar to collect change for a designated amount of time. The one with the most collected wins a prize.
- Skip a Meal – Sponsors commit to giving up a meal together and give the money saved to the Milwaukee Rescue Mission.
- Rent-a-Worker – Volunteers commit to working for an afternoon doing any odd jobs sponsors “hire” them to do.
- Cookbook – Group members offer their best family recipes for a cookbook that can be sold to raise funds for MRM.
- Give It Up – Sponsors commit to give up a regular activity (such as buying a coffee every day, going to the movies or eating out) for a month and donate the money they save to the designated cause.
- Eat for a Cause – Ask a local restaurant to donate a percentage of their profits on a designated night for MRM in exchange for encouraging supporters to eat there.
The above ideas were gleaned from SignUpGenius.com.