Sharing God’s love by caring for those who are poor in body, mind and spirit, to see lives transformed through Christ to hope, joy and lasting productivity.
Our Core Values
Gospel – We value the transforming power of the Gospel to save sinners and make us new creatures in Christ. We value the Proclamation of God’s plan to redeem the fallen world through the incarnation of Jesus Christ and his perfect obedience, sacrificial death, burial and resurrection for the justification of His people. We value the Bible as God’s only true Word, which tells of His redemptive acts and reveals who He is, who we are, and how we can live as His people. We value Discipleship as the life-long walk of obedience to God’s call in every area of our lives. (Matthew 28:19; Acts 10:43; John 3:16, 2 Timothy 3:16)
Love – We value Compassion for those who suffer and tangible acts of Mercy to shelter the homeless, feed the hungry, and share the hope of Christ with those who are lost, abused and addicted. (Matthew 25:31-46; Luke 10:25-37; Romans 12:13; Hebrews 13:2; 1 Peter 4:9)
Dignity – We value the Dignity of every person as an image bearer of our creator, emphasizing Education as God’s gift and ordained means to nurture His people in His ways and Work and vocation as an expression of our calling giving us means to provide for ourselves, our families and to be a blessing to others. (Genesis 1:26, 27; Psalm 139:14; Jeremiah 1:5)
Community – We value being productive members of our Community, who pray for our city and serve our churches to help reach the lost. We are each committed members of an evangelical Church. We value Family as the essential building block of any community, and so we honor biblical Marriage as the essential institution designed by God as the foundation for healthy families and communities. (Psalm 133:1; 1 Corinthians 14:12; Ephesians 4:3, 13-15; 1Timothy 3:5, 15; 1 Peter 3:8; 1 John 3:18)
Missional Integrity –We value Stewardship, Professionalism and Honesty in our dealings with guests, donors and the general public (Genesis 1:26-28; Acts 2:44; Romans 13:13; Ephesians 5:1-6; Philippians 4:15; Colossians 3:5)
Statement of Faith
- We believe in the Scripture of the Old and New Testaments to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of God's will for the salvation of men and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
- We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the Cross, a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. He rose bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven, where He is seated at the right hand of God the Father. He now is our High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ. He carries out this ministry by convicting, regenerating, sealing, indwelling, guiding, instructing and empowering believers for life and service.
- We believe man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost, and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- We believe the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God.
- We believe the true Church is composed of all such persons who are regenerated by the Holy Spirit through saving faith in Jesus Christ, are united together in the Body of Christ of which He is Lord and Head and are commissioned for the God-given task of proclaiming the gospel to every person. All members of this Invisible Body of Christ should also be connected with a visible, worshiping and serving local church.
- We believe in the personal and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ, and that this has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, and of the unbeliever to judgment and eternal separation from God.
With help from generous donors like you, and the talents, faith and ingenuity of our dedicated staff, volunteers and Board of Directors, we are able to serve the needs of homeless and hurting men, women and children in our community.
- Patrick H. Vanderburgh, President of MRM
- Michael A. Andaloro, Board Treasurer
Partner ~ Andaloro, Smith & Krueger, LLP
- Mary Bero
- William A. Eisner
President & CEO ~ NONBOX
- Richard G. Galling
President & COO (retired) ~ Hammes Company Healthcare, LLC
- Sherri N. Kasdorf, Board Chair
Director ~ The Kaztex Foundation
- Carol Kuyers, Board Secretary
- Roosevelt McKinney
Instructor (retired) ~ Milwaukee Area Technical College
- Eric J. Peter
President ~ JAX INC.
- Warren D. Pierson
Managing Director ~ Robert W. Baird & Co.
- Mark R. Pietrowiak, Board Vice Chair
Senior Vice President ~ TCF Bank
- Lasae Simpson
Instructor ~ Central City Cyber School
- Karl F. Gengler, Member Emeritus
- Philip A. Hardacre, Member Emeritus
- Ervin W. Martens, Member Emeritus
- Robert K. Mitchell, Member Emeritus
Senior Leadership Team
- Patrick H. Vanderburgh
- Dan Brown
Vice President of Programs
- Matt Hustad
Vice President of Finance & Administration
- Peter Ross
Vice President of Facilities
- Barbara Vanderburgh
Vice President of Advancement
- Aurelia Brown
Director of Joy House
- Jeremy Chapman
Director of Equip
- Don Galster
Cross Trainers Academy Administrator
- Amy Halcomb
Director of Development & Communication
- Kent Loehrke
Director of Community Partnerships
- Greg Neu
Director of Safe Harbor